Therapy or Coaching: Which is Right for You
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to mental health and wellbeing. To honor your personal differences and unique circumstances we offer a range of treatments and supportive services. During your first visit, one or our professionals will discuss your goals and expectations. They will help you decide which services are the right fit depending on what you want to accomplish.
What are the Differences Between Therapy and Coaching?
- Treats diagnosable emotional or behavioral illness, with the aim of restoring previous levels of functioning
- Focuses on relieving psychological pain
- Typically long-term with focus on you broadly as an individual: how you see yourself and experience the world, your patterns of thoughts and actions
- Provided by a credentialed professional, who is licensed by the state to provide mental health services
- Sometimes called Psychotherapy
- Focuses on enhancing fulfillment, personal development, performance, or career success in a generally well-functioning person
- Assists with difficulties that are interfering with work, relationships, or daily functioning
- No diagnosis is given
- Not eligible for coverage by insurance
If you or someone you know would benefit from Therapy or Coaching, please contact us today. We are happy to speak with you about how we can help.